Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

PhotoShop Elements

I am having a blast learning PhotoShop Elements! I've learned the basics from from great Jessica Sprague classes but I'm also loving actions that you can get free and purchase from various digital artists! My friend Carley got married in June and I took some photos that turned out pretty dark because of the setting but with photoshop they can turn out amazing! :) I did some basic edits and then applied an action by Faith True called Midnight Coffee in her Urban Rainbow Photo Action set. I love how it turned out with the beautiful vintage look especially with her grandpa walking her down the aisle... and Carley loves it too!

This is before and after... don't you just love how it turned out?

3 comments:

  1. I am going to have to check out these classes! I took a picture of my friends daughter when she was walking down the aisle and its really dark.

    Just means we really need to get together so you can show me all your tricks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know anything about photoshop so take my opinion with that in mind. I love how it brightens up her face and how you cropped it but then it loses the detail in the dress. Is there a way to brighten it up without losing the detail in the dress? Otherwise it's awesome it especially helps the flowers.

    I found your blog through Awful Library Books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment!! I absolutely agree about the details of the dress. I will definitely play with it a bit! Don't know how much time I'll spend on it though since it's just a snapshot. You should see her professional pics! She will never forget the detail of her dress! :)

    ReplyDelete