Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Book Report: The Diary by Eileen Goudge


(Book Image from Barnes and Noble)


I was so excited when this book arrived from PaperBack Swap because each time I'd go to a bookstore, I'd eye it up! THE DIARY ended up being just as good as I hoped it would be!

The story is about two sisters who find their mother's diary while cleaning out her house as she lay dying in a nursing home. In the pages of the diary, they discover that their mother's true love was not Bob, their father who passed away the previous year, but some boy named AJ and the sister's can't understand how this could possibly be because their parents seemed so happy and genuinely in love! There are plenty of twists and turns in this book and keeps your attention completely the whole way through. Is everything always as it seems to be? Are people who we really think they are? The author did a great job of describing the settings and characters without overdoing it. The ending was an amazing with a surprising twist that made this book all the more exciting!!!

Even though this gem of a book is a short and easy read, it didn't lack anything at all. I'll definitely be adding some more of Eileen Goudge's books to my list. I highly recommend THE DIARY (and I think it would make a great movie)! Grab a blanket and some coffee and enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment