Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Kippen & Bennett Family (Grand Rapids Family Photographer)

I was so excited when Kari asked me to photograph her family! Kari is the very first person Jeff and I met in Michigan!  She was our real estate agent who helped us find our home!  Then for a couple years, I babysat her youngest children (now 15 and 12).  So it was a special experience for me to do their session!  Kari's two precious grandson's were so cute!!!!  They are typical busy little boys who had me chasing them around the park!  It was a blast!!!

I think one of my favorite images is of the entire family sitting on the bank of the creek!  My friend Amy told me about a great free action on The CoffeeShop Blog that worked absolutely perfectly for it.  The action is called "Denim" and changes the image to all black & white except for anything blue (such as blue jeans).  In the case of this image, the family all wore some form of a blue shirt!  I adore how it turned out and Kari is actually contemplating getting this made into a large canvas print.  I think it would look fabulous on the wall!  Very decorative and artsy!

dsc_8976 edit blue


And a slide show of all their images. Enjoy!

2 comments: