Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Before and After: Michigan Central Depot

Untitled-1
This is a before and after of an image I shot of windows at the Michigan Central Depot. I love this image. And while the original (shot in raw) was underexposed, it's not horrible. But the edit is so much better. The reason I chose to share this edit is because I absolutely could not believe my eyes.... when I did some fill light, I could actually see through the windows.... not just into the black abyss!! When I took this image, my naked eye didn't even really see the details into the building like the camera was able to capture. Thanks to shooting in raw and some editing knowledge.... the image was turned from just average into one that speaks in much larger volumes! Other small adjustments include exposure increase, an urban-type action and sharpening. Thanks for looking!

1 comment: