Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge, Day 10 - Childhood Memory

There was no way I could go with just ONE Childhood Memory. I could have actually done tons of images for this. I am super passionate about nostalgia.... especially when it comes to my childhood memories and things I had. This past Memorial weekend, we went back to Minnesota for a visit and my sister and I were digging around in my old closet, I found some things from my childhood! I was squealing with delight!!!!! :)

First, I found my clown Halloween costume from when I was maybe 4 or 5. This thing is so filthy from playing dress-up in it for so long... but I don't dare wash it for fear it would fall apart!
Day 10 - Childhood Memory 1_edited-1

Next is my Lite-Brite!!!!!! I couldn't believe it! It was still in the box, had plenty of papers left (some done and some not done), and the old orange Tupperware container that contained all the pegs! Oh how I hoped it still worked. So today, I got that baby out and put a new light bulb in and sure enough, it works just like it did so long ago (gosh, probably 25-30 years ago)!!! I had SO much fun creating this clown!!!
Day 10 - Childhood Memory 4 copy

Next, who remembers these cute little Campbell's Soup cups??? This one is not mine, but one I found at an antique shop! When I saw it, I just had to have it!
Day 10 - Childhood Memory 2

And we can never forget Pepsi in a glass bottle! That was the best, most refreshing drink ever!!! I found this bottle at an antique shop.
Day 10 - Childhood Memory 3

I have so many more things around here that I could have photographed.... my Fashion Plates, Boggle game, Childcraft books, vintage Valentines and Birthday cards, books... the list could go on and on. What I REALLY want to get my hands on is a Super Spirograph!!! And can you believe my dad still has his Super Thingmaker???

To join in the fun or see what others are posting, check out the FUN FAMILY BLOG!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Loads of fun!! That little clown dress is so cute!! And I totally remember the lightbrite! Loved that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No jack in the box?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! I also loved lightbrite!!! You just took me down memory lane :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you still have all of these things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are all very cool. I loved my light bright. Great shot of it.

    ReplyDelete