Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Third Sentence Thursday (#2) - Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah

Yes, I am fully aware that this is the same book I posted last week Thursday, but being the mom, wife, student, employee and busy self that I am, it takes me longer than a week to read a book of this size! So, I am reposting my entry from last week... BUT this third sentence is meaning SO much more to me now.... and hopefully by this time next week, I'll know EXACTLY what is behind these thoughts!
Third Sentence Thursday

Third Sentence Thursday is a weekly meme which likes to wander around in the forest!

1) Take the book you are reading now and post the third sentence
2) Review this sentence anyway you want (funny and silly reviews encouraged)
3) Post a link to your sentence here (in the comments) or if you don't have a blog, just post it in the comments!


"In the past week (unquestionably the worst seven days of her life), she'd lost the ability to distance herself from the memories."

This story is about two best friends and their life together. I suspect much happens in their lives, not only hurtful things, but great things... all of which are haunting memories that the character is unable to distance herself from during what seems to be a horrible time of her life. This sentence takes place in the future, and the character is looking back to her teenage years and my curiosity makes me want to skip class tonight and keep reading to find out what happens.... if only I didn't have an exam. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment